The main equipment of the Digital Interaction laboratory shall be:
– CAVE immersive 3D protection system with four screens;
– a motion control system capable of axis rotation as well as of learning a movement and replicating it (RIG Module);
– 1 5K camera with configuration 1 (Red Dragon);
– 1 package with two cameras with configuration of 2 (Alexa XT +);
– a rig for 3D filming;
– two sets of anamorphic lenses (a set of ARRI Anamporphic fixed lenses and a set of anamorphic lenses with Angeniuex zoom lens);
– the motion capture system with 8 cameras within the near infra-red spectrum (5 Mp) and a facial motion capture system).
Utilization of the motion capture within UNATC, where there is a choreographic department, an acting department and puppet department, probably represents a unique example at global level, and the specialists in the field movement of these departments, are able to contribute to content generation or to applied multi-disciplinary studies.
Within the Laboratory for Digital Interaction research programs can be developed, and they would study the interaction between the human body and 3D sequences filmed in different areas (daily reality, specially fitted out areas or virtual concepts digitally synthesized).
The main research directions of the Laboratory are:
– techniques for generating virtual immersive areas;
– motion capture through sensors;
– types of interactions between the physical and virtual bodies;
– the interaction between the human being and computer through virtual interfaces;
– augmented reality systems.
The fundamental concept of the Laboratory for Digital Interaction is the immersive experience.
Within the research projects innovative work techniques shall be developed with the purchased equipment, as well as testing procedures for experiments from different areas (applied psychology, communication, etc.)
The objective of the Laboratory for Digital Interaction is to integrate under this concept the activity of all the CINETic laboratories.
The mission of the Laboratory is to model experiences which focus on the digital information thread that determines the operation of the objects and the human expression beyond their physical appearance.
UNATC will be able to develop a new Master’s program regarding Virtual and Augmented Reality and a Master’s program Art-Experience Design – International.
Ph.D. topics with a high experimental nature can be accepted in the Ph.D. Program of UNATC or in the format of co-trustee.
Important research topics shall be developed in collaboration with the post-graduate students and researchers in the field of educational sciences and social communication, in collaboration with the Laboratory for Cognitive Development and Applied Psychology through immersive experiences.
The educational strategies which rely on interactive images designed for the children from disadvantaged areas or for those with personal development issues shall be developed by means of inter-disciplinary research.