- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile phone: +40740182697
- CINETic Lab: Digital Interaction
- VR/AR/MR technologies
- Machine/deep learning
- Sensor fusion
- Audio-visual interactivity
I am currently interested in applying machine learning algorithms to EEG (Electroencephalography) data and developing machine learning and deep learning models that can better explain the activity of the human visual cortex. I am also interested in sensor fusion for optimizing sensor output for audio-visual interactivity projects.
In the CINETic Laboratory for Digital Interaction, my task is to develop virtual environments and applications for VR Headsets (Oculus, Gear VR) and the immersive CAVE (Computer Assisted Virtual Environment) system using Unity 3D engine.
- BA – Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology (Politehnica University of Bucharest). Dissertation title: “Digital portrait image classification based on age and race“.
- MA – “Multimedia Technologies for Producing Audio-Visual and Communications Content” / PCON Program (interdisciplinary MA program hosted by Politehnica University of Bucharest and The National University of Theatre and Film, Bucharest). Dissertation title: “Hand gestures detection in a VR environment using a Leap Motion sensor with a SVM (Support Vector Machine) algorithm”.
As an implementational appendix to the paper I developed two VR applications that apply the algorithm: one for learning twenty-four Romanian sign language gestures and a “rock-paper-scissors” duel between a human player and the computer.
Other interests include musical composition, performing, studio recordings, mixing and mastering pop, electro and indie-rock songs.
- CAVE holographic heart application (“Prima operație intervențională la inimă cu hologramă”), Bucharest, 2018
- “Atinge” project (interactive Gear VR and Oculus Rift experiences), Bucharest, 2018
- 3D Immersive Audio Lab, multichannel immersion technology workshop, Bucharest, 2018
- NOVA Lab, audio-visual interactivity and motion tracking workshop, Bucharest, 2018