- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile phone: +40741155645
- CINETic Lab: Digital Light-Sound Interaction
- Other affiliations: National University of Theatre And Film “I.L. Caragiale” (Associate Lecturer)
- Music cognition
- Electroacoustic composition
- Sound installations
- Film sound
- Sound Synthesis
- Spatial Sound
- Interaction Design
My PhD thesis explores novel ways of interacting with sound in real-time performative environments. The main focus is to highlight new areas of convergence between the realms of contemporary theatre, performance art, interactive art, installations and sound / music by revisiting, transforming and integrating concepts derived from sound art, sound design and electroacoustic music in order to augment the levels of creativity, expressivity and cognitivity of those art forms.
At CINETic I teach Sound Design For Interactive Media at the Interactive Technologies For Performing And Media Arts Master’s degree level, Sound Design For Games at the Art Of Game Design Master’s degree level and Sound For Film And Television at the Multimedia: Sound And Film Editing Bachelor’s degree level. I have also been involved in the SoundThimble research project, conducted by Dr. Grigore Burloiu, project which resulted in two peer-reviewed academic articles published in Proceedings of the 12th International Audio Mostly Conference on Augmented and Participatory Sound and Music Experiences and Journal of Audio Engineering Society vol. 66, no. 10.
- Academic background
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Film Sound and Montage from UNATC “I.L. Caragiale” – Bucharest, a Master’s degree in Sonic Arts awarded by Queen’s University – Belfast and I am about to finish and defend my PhD thesis, conducted at UNATC “I.L. Caragiale” – Bucharest by spring 2020.
- Professional background
Outside academia I have been working on various music, film and installation projects that have been displayed on radio, television and cinema or that have been selected in national and international festivals including Romanian Design Week, Spotlight, Electric Castle, Amural and Sonorities.
Among many others I am interested in music production, film sound, installations, interactive art, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, new media, psychology, philosophy, astronomy and geopolitics.
- Structured Interaction In The SoundThimble Real-Time Gesture Sonification Framework in Proceedings of “Augmented and Participatory Sound and Music Experiences” – Audio Mostly, London August 2017. Co-authored with Dr. Grigore Burloiu, Dr. Bogdan Golumbeanu and MA Valentin Mihai.
- Layered Motion And Gesture Sonification In An Interactive Installation in Journal of Audio Engineering Society (JAES) Vol. 66, No. 10, pp. 1—10, October 2018. Co-authored with Dr. Grigore Burloiu and MA Valentin Mihai.
- A mișcat Luca (short-movie, fiction ,digital, directed by Roxana Andrei), recordist/ editor/ sound designer/ composer (2009)
- Prima zi de plajă (short-movie, fiction, digital, directed by Roxana Andrei), recordist/ editor / sound designer/ composer (2010)
- Big Blind Date (short-movie, fiction, digital, directed by Ștefan Damian), screenwriter / director / video editor / sound designer / GFX (2010)
- Deja Vu (short-movie, fiction, 16mm film, directed by George Moleșag), recordist/ editor/ sound designer (2010)
- Cântecul lui Gepeto (short-movie, documentary, digital, directed by George Moleșag), recordist/ editor/ sound designer (2011)
- Otherwise (short-movie, fiction ,digital, directed by Lucian Munteanu), recordist/ editor/ sound designer (2011)
- Ma-Nouk (short-movie, documentary, 35mm film, directed by Victor Vladimir), editor (2012)
- Tea Energy (commercial, digital, directed by Ștefan Damian), writer/ director/ recordist/ editor/ sound designer/ VFX (2012)
- La Domiciliu (short-movie, fiction, 35mm film, directed by George Moleșag), recordist/ editor / sound designer (2012)
- Hope Mountain (short-movie, animation, digital, directed by Ștefan Morozan), sound-designer/ composer (2013)
- The Big Rip (electroacoustic composition, 8min for 8 channels, Ambisonics), sound designer/ composer (2013)
- Rush (electroacoustic composition, 8min, stereo), sound recordist/ sound designer/ composer (2013)
- Naufrage (electroacoustic composition, 10min for 32 surround channels), sound recordist/ sound designer/ composer(2013)
- Elevator Dialogues (interactive installation, SARC – Belfast 2013), composer/ audio programmer (2013)
- Mem-Non (interactive installation @ MNAC) audio programmer (2014)
- Spike – Lumea lui Paul (music album), sound engineer (2015)
- Tranda – Constangeles 2 (music album), co-producer/ sound engineer (2015)
- Grasu XXL – Domnul destin (music video), sound designer (2016)
- Nane – Plecat de acasa (music album), sound engineer (2016)
- FANGAI –(interactive installation @Romanian Design Week),sound designer / audio programmer (2016)
- Maximilian – A cincea roată la căruță (music album), sound engineer (2016)
- Tranda – La răsărit, co-producer (2016)
- Planeta Petrila – (full-featured documentary directed by Andrei Dăscălescu), 5.1 music mix (2016)
- Cișmigiu Augmented – (installation @ Sound Art Workshop UNMB) (2016)
- LEGO Batman – (full-featured animation, dubbed version) sound editing and mixing in 7.1 (2017)
- Ballerina – (full-featured animation, dubbed version) sound editing and mixing in 5.1 (2017)
- Guess Who – Un Anonim Celebru (music album), sound engineer (2017)
- Tranda – CXDILLXC, co-producer / mix / master (2017)
- Tranda – Tripolar, co-producer / music / mix / master (2017)
- The City Will Be Overthrown – (full featured movie, dubbed version) mixer (2018)
- Yearning – (full featured movie, dubbed version), mixer (2018)
- Where is my home –(full featured movie, dubbed version), mixer (2018)
- Norm Of The North – (5.1 cinema movie) recording mixer / mix (Ro-dubbed) (2018)
- The Christmas Chronicles – (5.1 movie, dubbed version), mix (2018)
- Lucky – (5.1 full featured animation movie, dubbed), mixer (2018)
- Malibu Rescue – (5.1 full featured pilot episode and following episodes) , mix (2019)
- Perilous – (full featured movie, dubbed version) mixer (2019)
- Microcosmos – (light & sound installation, Spotlight Festival, Electric Castle Festival) sound designer and music composer (2019)