Animation short by Laura Pop
MONSTER is Laura Pop‘s MA film.
This 2D and stop-motion coming-of-age animation short talks about family and the multitude of perspectives that surround us. The film shows the constant drama of an adolescent girl with the monster inside her mind and the spiritual journey that she embarks on, in order to find peace with herself and with the ones around her.
The team involved in the creation of this animation short was comprised of musician Theodoros Popa and sound designer Grig Burloiu. The entire process was coordinated by professors Matei Branea, Radu Igazság and Valeriu Căliman.
The project was carried out with the support of CINETic and CINE-RITM.
Since its premiere at Animest, where it was awarded Best Romanian Short, the film has had a successful festival tour, being selected in festivals like Panama Animation Festival, Anifilm or Primanima.
- Special Mention for Animation, Early Bird International Student Film Festival
- Best Animation, MovieScreenPro
- Students’ Jury Award, ClassFest International Festival of Theatre and Film Schools
- Ion Truică Award for Animation Film, CineMAiubit
- Special Jury Award, DaKINO
- Grand Prix and Special Mention, TIFF, local competition
- Best Animation Film, Filmul de Piatră
- Best Romanian Short, Anim’est
- Audience Award, Romanian Film Days in Bremen
- Nomination, UCIN Awards