The International Center for Research and Education in Innovative Creative Technologies – CINETic was established within the “I.L. Caragiale” National University of Theater and Cinema Arts from Bucharest (UNATC), as a Research Department. CINETic has the mission of technological innovation and research in the fields of digital interaction and applied neuroscience in the performing arts. Within CINETic, knowledge and expertise gained in the field of theater and film, through research and innovation, are used in interdisciplinary art-science-technology projects.
CINETic has 6 Laboratories:
- Digital Creative Techniques in Cinematography
- Digital Light-Sound Interaction
- Digital Animation
- Virtual Set Design and Augmented Reality
- Digital Interaction
- Psychological Development through Immersive Experiences
At CINETic, immersive and interactive experiences are being developed, through image capture and digital imaging technologies, and innovative uses and applications of digital production technologies are researched.
The project was co-financed through the European Regional Development Fund, based on the financing contract concluded with the Ministry of National Education, as an Intermediate Body (IB), on behalf of and for the Ministry of European Funds, as Managing Authority for the “Increasing Economic Competitiveness” Sectoral Operational Program (POS CCE).
The total value of the project was of 39,546,495 RON, of which the non-reimbursable financial assistance was of 35,000,000 RON, approximately 8 million EUR. According to the Funding Guidelines, the entire amount is provided from the European Regional Development Fund and the National Budget. Through this project UNATC aims to become a pole of expertise in the field of research and creative technologies, the objective of the project being the setting up of the International Center for Research and Education in Innovative Creative Technologies – CINETic, with 6 Laboratories endowed with state of the art equipment and cutting-edge innovative and creative technologies in the audio-visual field.
Through the establishment of CINETic, state of the art technological equipment for innovative investigation was put at the disposal of researchers:
– motion capture (capturing movement based on infrared cameras, including facial movements);
– motion control (control of the camera movements in robotic regime);
– creation of the full 3D production flow in the field of animation and generation of virtual sets, including 3D printing and CNC router;
– EEG in mobile density regime of 64 channels and in high density stationary regime.