The Laboratory for Digital Interaction reunites some of the top lines of current motion capture techniques. It is the first laboratory in Romania dedicated to studying interaction between physical and virtual bodies and thus between the human body and the computer.
The mission of the Laboratory for Digital Interaction is to integrate under this concept the activity of all CINETic laboratories, by developing complex innovative creative projects in research and development.
Combining digital art and live performance, such as acting and dance, is currently considered cutting edge in entertainment, but it will become the common form of art in the future. The fundamental concept of the Laboratory for Digital Interaction is the digital immersive experience.
UNATC has developed an MA in New Media Design which is focused on training professionals and researchers in this field.
- generating and interacting with virtual immersive environments
- motion capture;
- interaction between physical and virtual bodies;
- interaction between human beings and computers through
- computer interfaces;
- augmented reality systems;
- video games and gamified experience.
- My Life Rehearsed in One Leg, directed by Bogdan Mustață
- Me Shakespeare, coordinated by Liviu Lucaci
- Touch-VR, documentary project, directed by Alexandru Berceanu
FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT
- CAVE‑CIN interactive immersive stereoscopic projection system on four screens
- Multifunctional hall (140 sqm), with a holding capacity of 90 seats
- Modula Mr. Mocco—motion control system capable of 6 axis movement as well as learning movements and replicating them
- 1 Red Dragon 5K with Leica Summicron optics
- 2 ALEXA SXT cameras
- Mid‑size Stereotec RIG
- Anamorphic lenses (a set of ARRI anamorphic fixed lenses and a set of anamorphic lenses with Angeniuex zoom lens)
- VICON motion capture system with 8 cameras and a facial motion capture system